Nautica Associate Merchandise Planner
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Aéropostale offers competitive salary, flexible working schedule, generous discount, paid time off, medical/dental benefits, and an array of additional benefits. We also offer learning and development programs to acclimate new hires to our business, and to grow and develop our employees’ skills and leadership abilities. Being part of the Aéropostale team comes with perks, opportunities for growth, and the ability to be part of our amazing culture, and we are thrilled to share it all with our newest team members!
Location: New York, NY
The Associate Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining assortment plans for each specific store grouping. He/she is accountable for generating and analyzing all sales and inventory results by class for each season to gain an understanding of the opportunities and successes in order to plan out future seasons. He/she will be in constant communication with all cross functional merchandising, planning, and allocation partner's throughout the current season and entire buy process. The Associate Planner will have a strong financial point of view that will support the financial goals of the DTC channel.
- Create, manage, and maintain assortment plans that support the financial success of the DTC channel by achieving sales, gross margin and targeted inventory levels
- Run and analyze weekly selling information to make recommendations to mitigate risk and optimize opportunities based on current trends
- Generate and analyze all style/sku reporting for chain and all store groups.
- Recommend inventory flow and sku counts by delivery to maximize sales and profitability
- Work with Visual and Merchandising teams to make sure visual standards are met during buy process and at point of current floorset.
- Team up with Merchant partners to help in determining projections for a more accurate costing estimation to help better plan margin implications during the buy process.
- Maintain all systems administrative duties within Assortment Planning tool.
- Support Hindsight preparation with key financial information
- Determine stock out or at what point a sku is broken by sku by door bucket by size offering.
- Bachelor's Degree; focus in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Retail Planning
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Knowledge of Foresight, Arthur or any comparable Planning system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Displays a sense of urgency; manages time efficiently and can meet tight deadlines
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently
Click here to apply online