Nautica Visual Merchandising Manager
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Aéropostale offers competitive salary, flexible working schedule, generous discount, paid time off, medical/dental benefits, and an array of additional benefits. We also offer learning and development programs to acclimate new hires to our business, and to grow and develop our employees’ skills and leadership abilities. Being part of the Aéropostale team comes with perks, opportunities for growth, and the ability to be part of our amazing culture, and we are thrilled to share it all with our newest team members!
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director of Creative
The Visual Merchandising Manager will play a critical role as a strategic business partner who will work directly with the VP of Stores as well as the Merchant, Planning & Marketing teams in order to create the overall vision and execute visual strategies for in-store presentation for our DTC channel. They will also oversee visual presentation and communication with our Wholesale partners.
- Partner with VP of Stores, field leadership, and store teams to understand optimal product placement and merchandising strategy.
- Work with Merchant and Planning teams to create seasonal floor plans for upcoming seasonal buys and big-idea presentation.
- Create floorset documents to help guide Visual Merchandising in our DTC & Wholesale channels.
- Partner with Creative and Brand Director teams to ensure in-store experience is cohesive with marketing initiatives.
- Work with District Managers and Store Communication to ensure execution of floorsets, window updates, and marketing collateral.
- Partner with Field team to change and adapt presentations based on trend, climate, or sell through.
- Liaise between Field, Merchants, and Marketing teams to communicate business opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing team to decide placement of collateral and visual materials in different store types.
- Partner with Store Facilities team on fixture development and placement for new stores.
- Work with Sales Team to create seasonal product stories in our Wholesale Showrooms.
- Ensure Wholesale visual documents are updated and delivered on time and are cohesive with overall brand story telling.
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Merchandising, Design or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in apparel Visual Merchandising
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and general understanding of color theory, styling and industry trend
- Has a creative, solution-oriented approach to tasks and challenges
- Ability to coach, mentor and deliver feedback while motivating to achieve goals
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Flexibility with work hours to support Retail team
- Some domestic travel may be required
Click here to apply online