Night Shift Distribution Center Maintenance Supervisor
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Bexar County
Town : San Antonio
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervise maintenance staff by developing, counseling, motivating and resolving associate relations issues.
- Provide a good working atmosphere.
- Conduct performance appraisals and monitor performance of all associates.
- Maintains efficiency and safety of all equipment.
- Monitor the daily operation and directs action as required.
Coordinates daily maintenance of equipment.
- Consults with Maintenance Staff, Engineering and Production Personnel to determine future requirements.
- Coordinates with the managers and supervisors to establish priorities and schedules the work load to satisfy production needs.
- Coordinates with local contractors and vendors for equipment and services as required.
- Orders parts and equipment and obtains services for repair and maintenance of the facility's equipment.
- Completes reports and records and performs other administrative duties as required.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- 4-6 years in the maintenance field with experience in supervising mechanics preferred.
- Must have general knowledge of electrical systems, HVAC systems, water systems, building repairs and housekeeping procedures.
- Two years of formal education desired in related field preferred.
Minimum job skills required to perform this job:
- Strong knowledge of building codes, trade standards and general practices within the maintenance field.
- Strong knowledge of electricity, mechanical, construction, plumbing and HVAC.
- Strong communication, organizational, and negotiation skills.
Come Discover Different at TJX-we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory-at all times of the day-and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Housekeeping, Maintenance, Distribution, Manager, Engineer, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Operations, Management, Engineering