Nordstrom Security Ambassador 2- Edison, nj
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Middlesex County
Town : Edison
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
A day in the life... - Greet and interact with building personnel in a professional and pleasant demeanor and respond with a sense of urgency to incidents related to loss prevention, safety and security
- Monitor ID badges for entry/exit to the building for all employees, visitors, vendors, temporary employees, contractors, truck drivers, etc.
- Perform visual searches of bags briefcases and other carry-in items for prohibited items
- Use interpersonal skills and directive behaviors, when needed, to ensure the security screening procedures are followed by all individuals
- Assess situations, call for assistance from other loss prevention staff and/or local police when needed, to respond to the requests for first aid
- Prepare and maintain any applicable activity logs
- Perform warehouse walks of the interior and exterior, thoroughly examining doors, window, gates and lighting to ensure proper function and physical security standards are met
- Respond to all building alarms and take appropriate action
- Assess and assist in emergency situations
- Reduce and control pilferage through training, education, audits and surveillance activities
- Initiate and conduct investigation of shrinkage and follow through on resolutions
- Assist building manager/manager-in-charge with opening and closing the building, when necessary
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Support and contribute to the Supply Chain network priorities of 'Safety, Team, Results'
- Experience working in a security/loss prevention role preferred
- A calm head when dealing with safety and security issues; able to effectively respond and resolve safety/security issues
- Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership - No immediate family member or significant other currently working at the Distribution Center