Operations Manager - Fresno
Country : USA
State : California
County : Fresno
Town : Fresno
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Leads a team of employees in a technical, fast paced, deadline driven environment that emphasizes process automation.
- Contributes to the business by adhering to best practices and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement and driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Takes an active role in DC improvement projects and the change management process.
- Spends majority of work day on DC floor to provide visible leadership and drive a motivated, positive, productive work force to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Identifies, coaches and develops team members through training, performance reviews, coaching, support and delegation as appropriate for their development level.
- Daily, weekly and monthly preparation and planning to identify and prioritize action steps, set timelines, identify and allocates resources necessary to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Manages employee performance and provides feedback. Takes timely action to improve performance.
- Establishes an environment that is conducive to collaboration and team work, promotes positive employee relations, and takes steps to prevent or diffuse conflicts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a high volume automated distribution environment. Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of DC processes and operations. Thorough knowledge of RF Scanner and WMS systems functionality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to train, develop and provide direction to staff.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a leadership team.
- Demonstrated leadership decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence decisions.
- Experience with conveyors, sortation systems, light directed technology, carousels is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and heavy piece pick volume preferred.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Ability to work any shift and/or department as required.
- Significant walking, bending, standing.
- Climbing stairs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.