Packaging Operator ii- up1
Country : USA
State : Arkansas
County : Pulaski County
Town : North Little Rock
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Plan in advance for a "change over" and coordinate services with the mechanics to adjust, clean, or replace equipment efficiently to minimize the downtime on the production line;
- Track labor and equipment downtime in labor system;
- Maintain open communication with supervisors, mechanics, and other employees;
- Do the physical demands listed in the "Physical Demands" section using safe ergonomic techniques;
- Work independently, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
- Have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific norms and standards;
- Perform preventative maintenance on (all) equipment;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ensure high standard of quality control and follow all quality and GMP procedures;
- Have the visual/auditory acuity required to read invoice I.D. #s on product labels and hear warning alarms;
- Read and comprehend written instructions and reports;
- Complete written and computer-generated reports;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Possess and apply good technical and problem solving skills;
- Possess good mechanical aptitude as proven by the Standard Timing Model Test;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
To keep production and processing activities running efficiently and safely within the established quality and production standards, through maintenance of machinery.
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- High school education or a GED equivalency;
- Experience and knowledge of specific production/processing areas, machinery, and product items are preferred;
General Job Duties
The functions of Machine Attendant include, but are not limited by the following:
- Maintain adequate component supply levels;
- Apply knowledge of the assembly process, tools, equipment, and product methods;
- Use information from identification label when retrieving supplies from the warehouse or storage area;
- Communicate orally with supervisors, mechanics, other employees, and complete paper and computer work (refer to specific department duties);
- Relieve Line Operators when necessary
- Coordinate "change overs" in production and request assistance from Line Mechanics in "change over" process;
- Visually inspect product for quality assurance, verify product labels and I.D. numbers correspond to products being produced, and perform quality assurance tests (such as weight and torque);
- Clean equipment and perform other custodial responsibilities (refer to specific department duties);
- Work to ensure production equipment is ready for use;
- Track labor and downtime;
- Oversee line surveillance for all points on the line;
- Maintain knowledge and practice of Quality and Safety Policies, Line Manual Book Procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures, and Reject Percent (refer to specific department duties);
- Assist in training of assigned personnel in technical and operating procedures (refer to specific department duties);
- Assist Line Mechanics with equipment trouble shooting, major equipment repairs, equipment installations and test runs;
- Conduct tooling changes on machinery and make minor adjustments to machinery;
- Perform normal/routine equipment maintenance and conduct/document productive/preventative maintenance procedures;
- Perform other duties as directed;
- Lead TPM methodologies from inception to completion.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Occasionally use safety scissors, safety knife, wrench, spatula, screwdriver, pliers, and other small hand tools;
- Occasionally use pallet jacks (manual and electronic);
- Occasionally use large equipment such as drum roller, drum hoist, E-Z lift, pallet jacks (electronic and manual) and forklifts.
- Moving machinery, such as forklifts: Employees required to operate a forklift must successfully complete forklift operator training;
- All Machine Attendants are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and 100% cotton uniforms in certain areas; must wear safety gloves.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA's action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas;
- Tanks may be hot, therefore creating a potential burn hazard: Protective sleeves may be provided;
- Raw materials and cleaning products may produce potential respiratory hazards: Employees are provided with and must wear particulate respirators or other respirators when appropriate;
- All employees are properly trained in the use of adjunct lifting/ moving equipment and on proper body mechanics.
Marginal Job Duties
- Relieve line operators;
- Lift in excess of 50 lbs.;
- Pushing or pulling in excess of 165 lbs.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L'Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant's assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L'Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.