Parcel Transportation Manager
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Bernardino County
Town : Chino
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
- Manages the domestic and international transportation operations to achieve the operating goals established by the corporation. Ensures efficiencies to achieve budgeting goals.
- Establishes direction and leadership for the domestic and international transportation organization.
- Acts as a strong supporter of the ongoing evolution and improvement of the logistics operating model focused on several key themes:
- Being a better strategic business partner
- Providing clarity of roles
- Establishing better integration with business
- Enhancing the functionality of the groups and placing a larger emphasis on strategy & analytics
- Building out governance and compliance and driving a process improvement focus
- Driving efficiencies by pulling out administrative activities in logistics that can be serviced by a COE
- Provides ongoing assessment of resources, tools, technology to support the effectiveness of the function.
- Develops and executes overall carrier negotiation strategy and contract management.
- Develops and maintains relationships with diverse transportation resources.
- Evaluates carrier and other third-party support performance and productivity against corporate service level initiatives.
- Ensures the corporation is in compliance with all transportation laws and regulations. Monitors changes in legislation and transport systems, routes, and infrastructure.
- Develops customer-focused, action-oriented teams to support the timely cost-efficient flow of merchandise from our wide-spread vendor base to our Distribution Centers and stores.
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the broad supply-chain/distribution teams (operating inside the business units) as well as the broader the internal team.
- Serve as champion for cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop logistics team members and ensure proper succession throughout logistics organization. As the retail industry changes and Centric Brands’ footprint grows, this leader must strive to improve and develop talent to be at the forefront of logistics and ready to take on future possibilities.
- Drives powerful and inspired management team performance, goal setting and personal development in accordance with Centric Brands’ culture and values.
- Offers real-time feedback and guidance to the entire team
- 3-5 years of experience in parcel transportation management.
- Experience working for a 3PL and/or managing 3PL relationships.
- Experience negotiating Parcel service agreements, TL/LTL a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks that required varying leadership and managerial skill sets.
- Strong analytical and trend analysis skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, effective in all directions of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and implementation of continuous improvement practices.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to turn large amounts of data into effective decision-making tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or a related field is preferred.