Planner, Merchandising - Retail Ecommerce
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Somerville
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Develop and provide preseason parameters to Merchants regarding budget spend for style options while optimizing flow and inventory turn
- Collaborate with Merchant on season strategy incorporating review of past category/concept performance, agreement on investment for the future.
- Build, maintain and regularly adjust Open to Buy inventory and sales plans.
- Business management of a multi-faceted department including management of website, affiliates, and marketplaces
- Create and manage markdown strategies that maximize profit and inventory liquidation
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create a compelling online promotional event
- Utilize planning and analytical skills to influence sales forecasts, provide Open To Buy (OTB), inventory promotions, and allocations discussions.
- Work cross-department to ensure we are identifying and implementing efficiencies that drive most profitable advantage
- Lead weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal reviews of the collection performance.
- Lead analysis of product past performance data and identify missed opportunities
- Build and maintain collaborative partnership and communicate effectively with internal colleagues
- Represent the brand and utilize the PUMA 4Keys (Fair, Honest, Positive, Creative) in all decisions, actions, processes, and practices.
- 3-5 years of Planning experience
- Retail Planning experience with Ecommerce focus strongly preferred
- Degree educated. In the absence of degree relevant work experience must be demonstrated
- Knowledge and experience with merchandising systems
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience in working with a fashion/branded environment
- Excellent Analytical skills - Ability to use extensive system knowledge to prepare informative reporting tools. Generate, analyze and recommend alternative actions. Determine relevant information and draw sound conclusions
- Demonstrate smart risk taking and a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate financial acumen - understand what drives the bottom line. Understand what actions can be taken to impact it.
- Establish Plans - Utilize business strategies to develop realistic plans and drive to execution
- Innovate - Continually look for ways to experiment and drive new learning. Translate insights into original concepts that benefit the business