Pre Production Manager
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Pre- Production Manager executes the production process, including tracking the production calendar and ensuring on-time product delivery. This team member manages logistics and tracking for all sample fabric, raw materials and garment samples while also keeping all team members up-to-date on the product status.
- Supports Design to ensure products are executed with design specifications.
- Supports Raw Materials team to allocate sample yardage, raw materials and trims needed for samples, testing and production.
- Assists in the approval process and timeline to ensure accuracy and avoid delivery impact.
- Executes the requesting and tracking of product samples including prototypes, technical fit, line review samples, etc.
- Continuously communicate to all team members on production updates, approvals & issues.
- Supports Sourcing, IBO and Product Integrity teams for challenges and issues while maintaining JCPenney standards.
- Inputs data into systems and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the information.Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 4-year College degree preferred.
- 5+ years (post-graduation) related experience in pre-production, product development, and/or merchandising
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Proven experience building working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Flex PLM experience is highly preferred