Principal Product Manager, Analytics Tools
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
With business analyst roles for e-commerce, point-of-sale (POS), and non-customer facing systems, there are tons of options to specialize. Whatever you choose, part of your job is staying informed and up-to-date on technology, trends, and our industry.
Build, Buy and Optimize Tools to Support Digital Analytics
- Ensure that the Adobe Analytics implementation on Macys.com and Bloomingdales.com continues to meet the needs of the analytics teams (Product Analytics, Merchandising BI and Marketing Analytics, primarily) as well as their end-users. This includes enhancements to the implementation, trouble-shooting issues, maintaining a backlog of prioritized work and providing requirements and oversight to current and future integrations of Adobe Analytics with other systems. Additionally, provide training and support for new features to the tool.
- Ensure data accuracy from Adobe Analytics and work cross-functionally with the owners of the various reporting and dashboard solutions (Tableau, Cognos, Hadoop, etc.) to validate that data is being accurately represented
- Take the lead on identifying and implementing solutions that improve our data accuracy, such as solutions to remove bots from our analytics data and tools to enable automated testing of Adobe tags. Gain alignment from all stakeholders and work across teams to implement.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Implementation to ensure that our tagging strategy aligns with our Adobe Analytics and Tealium implementation and that we stay within the overall budget as new tags are implemented
- Champion consistent implementation of our analytics tools across all devices (desktop, mobile web, tablet and mobile app) and across both brands (Macy's and Bloomingdales)An ideal candidate will start with why, not what. Have a curious nature and strong critical thinking / problem-solving abilities. Possess technical and business acumen. Be comfortable developing, articulating and defending a point of view to different audiences at all levels within the organization. Be an effective communicator who tailors messages based on audience, environment, and context. Be adept at storytelling and distilling complex concepts into simple messages. Be agile and adaptable. Value perspective and seek the "right" answer vs. "being right". Demonstrate the ability to influence, rather than rely on direct authority. Able to flex between strategic thinking and tactical execution, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously. Be self-driven and able to rally, motivate and energize teams.
- 7-10 years of product management experience in an agile software development environment
- Significant experience with Adobe Analytics; additional experience with Coremetrics, Google Analytics or Localytics a plus
- Proven ability to deliver actionable insights to all levels of a large organization. Your ability to "tell the story" is critical.
- Understanding of statistical analysis (experimentation, hypothesis testing, regressions.)
- Expertise in SQL, data manipulation; experience with visualization platforms a plus.