Product Costing Manager
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Suffolk County
Town : Boston
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Partner cross-functionally to set Seasonal Margin Targets by Franchise and assist the Category and cross-functional teams in achieving these targets.
- Define and measure the financial impact of various product strategies and initiatives.
- Provide consultation to improve product profitability through the design, development, and implementation of product-process cost and profitability programs that enable categories/country to meet/exceed margin targets.
- Responsible for partnering with the manufacturing function to ensure that materials and processes for product creation are addressed in the most cost effective manner with goal of improving financial margins.
- Support the Global Costing Director and Categories in the development and evolution of an integrated long-term strategic agenda for Global Costing that supports financial and strategic expectations.
- In addition, you'll work towards streamlining processes and tools in respect to business planning, aiming to improve efficiencies without sacrificing quality
To succeed in the role, you must be a self-starter who can work with limited oversight. You must possess excellent analytical skills, attention to detail paired with the ability to see the bigger picture, a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and help evolve the department and how we service our internal customers.
- MBA is a plus but not required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in finance, cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, production, engineering, or product creation.
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel sourcing, processes and events from product concept
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills while being independent and resourceful
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and being resourceful in solving problems independently
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
- Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation