Product Lead of Engineering & Innovations
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : NEW YORK
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Technical Product Development:
- Lead JDIW project teams of Product Technicians, Model Makers, CAD Designers and Quality Assurance to develop concept designs into fully manufacturable products, through phase-gate new product development process, while aligning with cross-functional partners in Design, Product Development, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, Planning and other corporate entities.
- Leveraging cross-functional expertise, ensure design is optimized for manufacturability, cost and time to market, in compliance with aesthetic, functional and quality requirements.
- Define robust product requirements and create development prototypes to meet design intent and ensure successful transfer to production environment.
- Lead dimensional, functional and quality evaluation of sample product from concept prototypes through pilot production to validate its compliance with critical product requirements.
- Proactively identify product testing needs, define test methods and sampling strategy, facilitate execution and analysis.
- Draft and refine Bills of Material (BOM), manufacturing routes, work instructions and cost models; review CAD models and technical drawings.
- Apply effective, innovative and efficient solutions to advance new product through its development phases.Documentation & Data:
- Accurately and expediently measure, collect, analyze and present data to support the design, prototype fabrication, development of product requirements and transfer to manufacturing.
- System entry and verification of all project-related data, such as critical product requirements, BOMs, routes, costs, work instructions, project plans, and time allocation reporting, adhering to SOPs and best practices.
- Oversee the accuracy and completion of project time-lines, CAD models, technical drawings, product and tooling estimated costs. Supervise team alignment with file management protocol, including nomenclature and transfer.
- Support department metrics definition, data collection and reporting. Provide information for department presentations, as needed.
- Generate, maintain, track, close and report on all project work orders.Communication:
- Ensure timely and effective communication to cross-functional and geographically diverse teams.
- Consistently provide organized, succinct, accurate, clear and solutions-oriented communication, utilizing appropriate formats, templates, data and illustrations.
- Nurture a close working partnership with cross-functional colleagues to ensure that the design is expressed in the finished product. Understand, formulate and execute design intent.
- Actively lead and participate in various project meetings to ensure team alignment, organizing agendas and recaps, as required.
- Provide clear, consistent and timely project status updates, detailing progress, issues, concerns and solutions. Project Management:
- Create and execute project plans to meet target costs and on-time delivery objectives.
- Mitigate development risk, prioritize tasks, and provide agile and effective problem-solving, as required.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities.Technical Leadership & Innovation:
- Provide technical leadership related to engineering and manufacturing, across JDIW and suppliers, ensuring execution and alignment between development and production.
- Provide work direction and constructive feedback to Product Technicians; mentor new hires.
- Research, develop and implement innovative processes, materials, mechanisms, tools and equipment to improve development of new product.
- Take initiative in keeping current with technology developments via trade shows, conferences, suppliers and literature.
- Continuously develop and leverage an in-depth knowledge of Tiffany & Co. product lines and competitive landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, or Bachelor's degree with extensive industry experience
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in new product development
- Experience utilizing CAD to develop new product
- Project and document management experience
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience or training in statistical analysis
- Ability to understand, communicate and create technical manufacturing documentation
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping
- Experience in metrology
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- JDE or business equivalent enterprise resource planning software
- Adobe Creative Suite