Product Lead of Engineering & Innovations
Product Lead of Engineering and Innovations is responsible for the technical project leadership through all phases of new product development process, planning and executing projects from design concept through product launch. In close partnership with cross-functional project teams and diverse supplier base, manage a varied and fast-paced workload to develop new products at the right quality, on time and within cost targets. Ensure manufacturability of new designs, define robust product requirements, create development prototypes, validate product quality from concept prototype through production test run, implement new technologies, introduce innovations, and lead engineering initiatives to improve new product processes and outputs.
Technical Product Development:
- Lead JDIW project teams of Product Technicians, Model Makers, CAD Designers and Quality Assurance to develop concept designs into fully manufacturable products, through phase-gate new product development process, while aligning with cross-functional partners in Design, Product Development, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, Planning and other corporate entities.
- Leveraging cross-functional expertise, ensure design is optimized for manufacturability, cost and time to market, in compliance with aesthetic, functional and quality requirements.
- Define robust product requirements and create development prototypes to meet design intent and ensure successful transfer to production environment.
- Lead dimensional, functional and quality evaluation of sample product from concept prototypes through pilot production to validate its compliance with critical product requirements.
- Proactively identify product testing needs, define test methods and sampling strategy, facilitate execution and analysis.
- Draft and refine Bills of Material (BOM), manufacturing routes, work instructions and cost models; review CAD models and technical drawings.
- Apply effective, innovative and efficient solutions to advance new product through its development phases.Documentation & Data:
- Accurately and expediently measure, collect, analyze and present data to support the design, prototype fabrication, development of product requirements and transfer to manufacturing.
- System entry and verification of all project-related data, such as critical product requirements, BOMs, routes, costs, work instructions, project plans, and time allocation reporting, adhering to SOPs and best practices.
- Oversee the accuracy and completion of project time-lines, CAD models, technical drawings, product and tooling estimated costs. Supervise team alignment with file management protocol, including nomenclature and transfer.
- Support department metrics definition, data collection and reporting. Provide information for department presentations, as needed.
- Generate, maintain, track, close and report on all project work orders.Communication:
- Ensure timely and effective communication to cross-functional and geographically diverse teams.
- Consistently provide organized, succinct, accurate, clear and solutions-oriented communication, utilizing appropriate formats, templates, data and illustrations.
- Nurture a close working partnership with cross-functional colleagues to ensure that the design is expressed in the finished product. Understand, formulate and execute design intent.
- Actively lead and participate in various project meetings to ensure team alignment, organizing agendas and recaps, as required.
- Provide clear, consistent and timely project status updates, detailing progress, issues, concerns and solutions. Project Management:
- Create and execute project plans to meet target costs and on-time delivery objectives.
- Mitigate development risk, prioritize tasks, and provide agile and effective problem-solving, as required.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities.Technical Leadership & Innovation:
- Provide technical leadership related to engineering and manufacturing, across JDIW and suppliers, ensuring execution and alignment between development and production.
- Provide work direction and constructive feedback to Product Technicians; mentor new hires.
- Research, develop and implement innovative processes, materials, mechanisms, tools and equipment to improve development of new product.
- Take initiative in keeping current with technology developments via trade shows, conferences, suppliers and literature.
- Continuously develop and leverage an in-depth knowledge of Tiffany & Co. product lines and competitive landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, or Bachelor's degree with extensive industry experience
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in new product development
- Experience utilizing CAD to develop new product
- Project and document management experience
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience or training in statistical analysis
- Ability to understand, communicate and create technical manufacturing documentation
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping
- Experience in metrology
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills
- JDE or business equivalent enterprise resource planning software
- Adobe Creative Suite