Product Management Manager, Inventory Forecasting
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Washington
Town : Beaverton
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Demonstrating experience in digital product management, analytics, inventory management and forecasting, supply planning, demand planning, purchasing and supply chain operations, you will harness data to build innovative technical and analytic products for inventory planners and inventory operations, as well as other crucial team members from MPO to Finance, providing insight and knowledge regarding the global inventory landscape. By identifying new product opportunities, evaluating the performance of existing products, and using Nike's strengths to deliver outsized results, you are always on the offense. As a leader, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at motivating teams through exciting situations to successful outcomes.
You can run through sophisticated technical challenges and tradeoffs, using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view. Your products are grounded in customer insights - prioritizing reducing friction for our biggest customer problems. You are a great collaborator - you will proactively build positive relationships across the Nike organization to launch your product, including functional partners and geography teams.
You will work both within the Nike DSM function, and across the broader organization including partnering closely with Global and Geography Inventory Operations, Logistics, Marketplace Operations, Nike Direct, Supply Planning and Demand Planning to deliver solutions that solve critical business problems as Nike accelerates its Consumer Direct strategies.
- Product Strategy and Vision: In partnership with the Director of Product Management for Inventory, build and champion market-informed product vision and strategy that supports Nike strategies. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Own the day-to-day accountabilities for the end-to-end lifecycle of sophisticated products, from conception through launch. Strategize and execute on growth initiatives in operating live products and capabilities.
- Product Roadmap Definition: Lead a fluid intake and prioritization process to develop a product, feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of DSM needs.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft project plans based on priorities, setting clear/measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals
- Partner Management: Collaborate with partners to bring products to life. Remove obstacles and helps align the organization to achieve success.
- Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple partners in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of partners including digital, technology, engineering, analytics, platform, business, and legal teams.
- Collaboration: Partner with Technology, Engineering, Design, Analytics, Business, and Product Management leaders throughout completion of landmarks to deliver efficient results in line with customer needs.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously supervise and share relevant technology trends, driven offerings and best-of-breed executions.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Define product critical metrics, derive key insights, drive reporting tools, and devise and execute experiments and multivariant tests to find product solutions (in concert with Business Success team).
- Management: Lead multidisciplinary teams and enable success by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business. Cultivate and develop diverse talent within direct reporting team to improve performance and results.
- Raise the Bar: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, demos).
- Minimum of 4-5 years of demonstrated ability in product management, software development or digital retail
- Outstanding data analytics and articulation skills
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
- Exceptional influencing skills, with experience engaging diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Ability to lead robust, cross-functional teams
- History of developing and growing product management talent
- Ability to build product results such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications
- Experience leading priorities with third party vendors and key partners
- Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- History of making ambitious tradeoffs in establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and results-oriented decisions
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive partners
- Comprehensive understanding of the market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
- Knowledge of Global and Geography Inventory Operations, Supply Planning, Marketplace Operations, Inventory Forecasting, Direct-To-Consumer and Demand Planning are a plus
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred