Product Manager (Bottoms)
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Anaheim
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Manage the execution of the sampling, pre-production, and production of assorted styles and effect changes within the approval calendar through team sign-off for each placed order.
- Manage the pre-production approval process from handover of tech packs to insure delivery dates are maintained, via internal and external calendars.
- Initiate proactive external communication with vendors to insure that sampling, pre-production and production process is on schedule to ensure the timely shipment of orders.
- Maintain communication with Designers and Merchants to accommodate last minute changes in response to fashion trends.
- Present and maintain visibility of timeline for placement "calendar" by product category.
- Work with Tech Design team to insure the delivery and quality of merchandise.
- Maintain Style/Purchase Order files, including accountability for PO revisions.
- Maintain IMU, Style Adoption, Fabric projections, Fabric liability reporting
- Monitor status of orders/shipping to insure on order and Delivery Exception report reflect correct dates and comments.
- Build and maintain production calendars and insure adherence to deadlines with vendors and cross functional teams.
- Achieve IMU targets with quality, floor ready merchandise.
- Sources product, negotiates full package/FOB prices and place orders to insure IMU's are exceeded.
- Duplicate standardized tech packages for distribution to secondary vendors for competitive costing and dual sourcing.
- Initiate proactive internal communication for changes impacting other areas of responsibility e.g. pre-ticketing, payments or ship dates.
- Work directly with Merchants on reorders and delivery flow alterations.
- Book fabric and trims, and manage inventories and liabilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Asia travel for product development / approvals
- Minimum 7 years experience managing specified category
- Domestic and international sourcing experience
- Demonstrated supervisory ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Keen sense of urgency
- Strong understanding of Domestic and International Sourcing
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constantly shifting priorities and changes.