Production Manager (Character Socks)
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Centric Brands is looking for a dynamic, creative and resourceful Production Manager to join its team. This individual must be a self-starter and team player who takes initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is excited about joining a team on a journey to accelerate transformation across Centric Brands. The Production Manager manages the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders to drive the on-time delivery of quality, profitable goods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Innovation
- Manages factory base for competitive edge for quality, cost, delivery with design, product development, and senior management.
- Evaluates and manages vendor performance critically based on purchase order history of on-time delivery, lead time, quality acceptance rates, fulfilment, and margins.
- Streamlines, with cross-functional teams, the factory base for maximum performance of product execution and company deliverables.
Operations and Results
- Manages on-time placement of final buys with staff and cross-functional teams, tracking of WIP and production from hand off to final deliveries and insures all necessary approvals have been obtained; manages with staff non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors; coordinate customs classification coordination with Imports. Assists in negotiations on pricing to ensure profitability for volume buys.
- Partner with Merchandising, PD/Design and Sales to ensure correct execution of products in production and attain agreed-upon margin goals and delivery; set and articulate expectations. Ensures timely hand off of development into production.
- Follow and enforce production standards and cohesiveness of brand, where appropriate, across categories and vendors; attends all approval meetings and work closely with Design and/or PD to ensure on-time approvals; execute quality control initiatives, including QA analysis and solutions; adhere to and enforce production standards set by Centric Brands, its agents, and our clients.
- Troubleshoots quality and technical issues with factories, mills, vendors and team(s).
- Advises management on capacity planning and performance management by sourcing office, region, country and vendor; contribute accurate information for costing models; advise Production Director on commitments to raw materials, where appropriate; allocate production across vendors and reserve production space based on vendors' achievement of our production standards.
- Create approved vendor matrix and production capacity portfolio.
Customers & Relationships
- Partner with cross-functional peers, customers, Sales, Merchandising and Operations, as well as vendors and factories to ensure on time flow of goods relative to orders and anticipated demand criteria.
- Coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers and contacts regarding production, including suppliers and vendors.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Travel to factories as appropriate.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up and across where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
- Monitor, evaluate, and coach performance of staff for bench strength and succession planning.
- Ability to multi-task, manage teams, meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
- Technical capability and sensibility for product and creative problem solving.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, including construction, compliance, Lab testing Requirements, Yarn Composition, Needle, preferably for Socks & Hosiery Business.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 6-8 years' experience; relevant experience in Socks & Hosiery category is required.
- Previous experience working with Private label, Character Licensing Business and Fashion Brands is strongly preferred, knowledge of line plans and T&A Calendar, WIP and Pivot table reports.
- Strong proficiencies in SAP, PLM, Microsoft Office, Excel reports, Teams, Adobe products.
Centric Brands Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.