Project Manager, Store Planning And Construction- Americas
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Overview: Project-lead to ensure optimal project delivery for Tiffany & Co.'s retail and trade projects while achieving budget, schedule, and quality.
Planning, sales growth
Planning, sales growth
- Build project briefs, programs/schedules and budgets that respect the Store Development Lifecycle and key project milestones.
- Manage and build project brief with all stakeholders.
- Align with Store Design, Regional and Market leadership and all stakeholders on project milestones and overall schedule.
- Review and negotiate work letters with LL and conduct initial site reviews.
- Advise on market conditions that effect schedule and budget.
- Drive and respect the critical milestones and deliverables of the lifecycle to achieve project approvals and funding.
- Agility to adapt the lifecycle to achieve quicker openings which in turn benefit sales and market growth.
- Leverage project resources of architects, supplies, and GC's to achieve project schedules
- Manage approved schedules to achieve all critical milestones. Adjust and update as needed during the lifecycle of a project.
- Manage TCO stakeholders' (store design, Procurement, IT, Security, Merchandising, Ops), external consultants (architects, engineers, etc.), and general contractors and suppliers to achieve committed milestones.
- Coordinate and manage drawing sets and milestones from schematic and design development, and construction documents. Review dwgs and conduct page turns at milestones.
- Utilize TCO systems (unifier, Coupa, PlanGrid, Microsoft Projects) for drawing and budget, PO submissions and management.
- Manage budgets during the lifecycle. Call out and manage risk at lifecycle milestones. Value engineer with Store Design if required.
- Establish competitive bidding, contract administration and project related legal and financial controls. Build proper bid books, cost plans, forecasts, budget history and issue POs for a proper project buyout.
- Attend and manage monthly cost mtgs to ensure compliance with project budget, forecast, PO issuance, contingency management, change orders, cash flow and close out.
- Close out project in 90 days after store opening for all vendors and supplies.
- Maintain excellent relationships with contractors, consultants, designers and internal customers.
- Oversee construction.
- Ensure weekly OAC meetings are conducted and documented.
- Coordination with procurement that OFI goods are on schedule.
- Manage and report on change orders and overall budget management.
- Build to high quality and handover store to retail team 100% defect free.
- Handover of store to be coordinated with all stakeholders for a seamless transition from store planning to Retail.
- Travel as required to conduct site visits during the lifecycle of the project.
- Regularly visit completed projects with members of Store Design, Procurement, Store Planning and Retail to perform post-opening project audits. Identify areas of needed improvement and institute changes to store design, project development & delivery, materials, and suppliers.
- Support Store Design and Procurement with their on-going research and development programs. Identify and support the prototyping of project components.
- Identify regional/local resources, materials, suppliers for cost and schedule efficiencies. Work in collaboration with Procurement and Store Design to propose and implement programs to exploit efficiencies. Analyze standards, cost efficiencies and suppliers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, or Construction Project management
- 4+ years of experience within a store planning/design/construction environment involving an aggressive expansion of retail stores
- Experience in Luxury market
- Experience collaborating with vendors and consultants in the North America market
- Effective communication and managerial skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD