Regional Manager - Southeast
Country : USA
State : Florida
County : Miami-Dade County
Town : Miami
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Leads the full line retail business through effective collaboration and partnering across key functions: Visual Merchandising, Training, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Retail Buying Team, Store Design and Retail Operations.
- Frequent travel encompassing store visits, audits of policies and standards, managing the maintenance of store facilities and supervision of customer service standards.
- Ability to develop and execute business strategies that are linked to successful business objectives which will create a strong return on investment that supports the organization's ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Partner with Human Resources on performance management and talent development initiatives in alignment with company objectives.
- Manage store teams in attaining acceptable Store Operations/Human Resources compliance that will ensure store teams understand, administer and interpret Store Operations Guidelines/ HR policies and procedures accurately.
- Ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented efficiently as per global direction and visual standards.
- Act as a liaison between stores, corporate partners, buyers and visual director to ensure that merchandise assortments reflect the brand strategy and stock levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
Drive Sales, Profitability and Gross Margin Growth
- Responsible for driving region sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently across all stores.
- Ensure that each store associate is trained and compliant with all basic inventory management and shipping/receiving processes.
- Consistently execute quality inventory practices with receiving, restocking, transfers and managing inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain merchandising standards compliant with company direction.
Recruitment/Hiring/Training and Retention of Top Talent
- Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of store teams throughout the region.
- Create, evaluate and monitor talent pools on a continual basis while constructing succession plans and growth development for the region.
- Assist store leaders in training, coaching and developing, upholding customer service standards and employee relations compliance in partnership with Human Resources and Senior Management.
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company objectives to all store management teams via conference calls and email communications.
- Conduct regular store visits and communicate to ensure standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved and action plans are developed in order to move the business forward.
- Consistently touch base with each store leader on a weekly basis to gain an understanding of all aspects of their business including merchandising, staffing, operations, etc. Provide timely follow-up and feedback
- Oversee, control and adjust payroll budget and weekly hours within region to ensure appropriate sales floor coverage by reviewing store schedules to meet the needs of the business.
- Analyze and react to business trends regarding assortment, communicating sell-through and stock levels as opportunities to increase sales.
- Ensure the region adheres to all company policies and procedures as noted in the Store Operating Manual and all HR procedural guidelines.
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Voluntary benefits and critical Illness
- Company sponsored life and disability benefits
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
- Commuter benefit program
- Employee Discount Program
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your birthday off
- Flexible Fridays
- College degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of multi-store and/or Flagship leadership experience; experience in a luxury retail environment is preferred
- Spanish speaker a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
Skills and abilities required:
- Extensive travel required (75%); extreme flexibility and adaptability to work schedule as the business dictates.
- Passion and desire for excellence by exceeding goals successfully and consistently
- Proven ability to develop and retain top talent
- Proven ability to better business results year over year
- Exceptional client service skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and ability to engage and motivate teams
- Strong business acumen; including retail math and P&L responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to problem solve
- Must have an ability to plan and manage both the strategic and operational functions of the business
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders