Regional Vice President, Real Estate
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Develop regional deal strategy to support and execute the strategic plan, including traveling to and reviewing all recommended sites within their multiple regions.
- Develop and lead the negotiation strategy for business points for sites approved by the company, as well as lease renewals, store expansions, existing store and shopping center modifications and surplus store space available for sublease. Guide and coach Real Estate Directors on negotiation skills, as assigned.
- Develop and maintain cohesive communication and excellent working relationships with real estate brokers, developers, owners, landlords, attorneys, architects, real estate representatives of other retail tenants and local government officials (i.e. city council members, planning commissioners, city planners, city managers, etc.); coach Real Estate Directors on building and maintaining these relationships, as assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the Construction Department to ensure the smooth flow of communication and plans between Landlords and Ross for all projects within the region.
- Ensure the coordination and maintenance of all legal documents needed to lease or sublease the properties within the region.
- Ensure the flow and maintenance of data for new store site submittal packets, and data related to trade areas and specific sites.
- Actively participate in the development of the Company's strategic plan, particularly with regard to store development. Partner with other members of senior management to establish and achieve goals for store expansion and profitability.
- Determine and guide Ross' approach and representation with external agencies, such as brokers, attorneys, and sign consultants within the region.
- Develop strategy for ongoing assessment of multi-market store site locations (availability, property value, access, zoning, development obstacles, timing etc.) for the region.
- Create an organizational climate and environment, which emphasize teamwork, communication and excellence.
- Monitor store and multiregional performance including occupancy cost and cannibalization.
- Analyze performance data to help determine growing and declining trade areas.
- Track and monitor development of approved sites to ensure that feedback on budgeted delivery dates is properly communicated.
- Track and maintain knowledge of industry and competitor trends, strategies, and approaches.
- Demonstrate and maintain a proactive, high energy, collaborative and ethical management style.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Use of Influence
- Planning and Organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- B.A. /B.S. degree required. Graduate or Law degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of progressive Real Estate management experience within a retail store development environment; big box and fast growth environment experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership for a high growth business unit/region.
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow effective retail site selection teams.
- An individual with keen strategic abilities and vision. An executive with a deep understanding of the retail real estate business and a complex operational environment.
- An outstanding negotiator, able to act quickly, decisively and to bring deals to closure.
- An executive with excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to represent the company with the highest levels of efficacy and ethics within the marketplace.
- A retail executive with sharp business acumen, able to drive aggressive growth and expansion.
- A collaborative business partner, able to forge strong relationships across an organization.
- An outstanding team builder, able to recruit, retain and develop talent for both long and short term organizational needs.
- A high-energy individual, able to be successful in a fast-paced environment.
- An individual possessing the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Job requires up to 50% travel.