Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Maintains clutter free, clear egress to emergency exits. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy; is friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Assists Customers in any way necessary - is register-trained, assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all Customers by making eye contact, smiling and saying "hello" throughout the Store as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of the Store Leadership when needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, and adheres to the Company dress code at all times.
- Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
- Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company best practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist Customers.
- Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage Highway, the Store Protection Specialist (SPS) position (where applicable), and merchandise protection standards.
- As a representative of Ross Inc., demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock (MOS) policies, including the identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece and the notification of Store Leadership to review and approve all disposals.
- Follows all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 pounds.
Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.