Retail Loss Prevention Specialist
Country : USA
State : Connecticut
County : New Haven County
Town : New Haven
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Perform surveillance of the Retail Store.
- Detect and detain shoplifters. Question and obtain evidence in compliance with the law.
- Notify police, interview suspect, and prepare apprehension report documenting evidence, statements, observations, etc.
- Coordinate information with external law enforcement and safety agencies.
- Appear in court as a witness and submit written case report to supervisor.
- Operate and monitor CCTV system.
- Advise Customer Service Reps and Team Leaders on the handling of possibly fraudulent returns. When appropriate, speak with customer regarding the questionable return. Contact police as necessary.
- Report possible internal security problems. Conduct investigations as assigned.
- Complete paperwork related to store security (investigation reports, arrest reports, emergency situation reports). Maintain appropriate records.
- Assist in the evacuation of the Retail Store in an emergency during assigned shift.
- Maintain knowledge of laws and procedures related to apprehensions and the protection of civil liberties.
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures. Report any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate person.
- Coordinate, organize, conduct targeted audits of selected retail merchandise, verify & communicate accuracy of results.
- Install CCTV cameras and DVR.
- Travel overnight throughout the region as necessary.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.