Sales Planning Manager - New York City
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Sales Planning Manager performs in depth account analysis, optimizing assortment planning, identifying white space opportunities, and mitigating risk, while managing internal profitability. Grounded in analytics and financial acumen, the Planning Manager works effectively across the enterprise, and develops solutions that drive value and wins at retail.
Scope and Responsibilities
This position reports to the Director, Planning and partners with an Account Executive to provide strategic analysis and assortment planning expertise to drive profitable sales and inventory investments within Jockeys highest volume wholesale accounts.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the planning efforts for assigned accounts and deliver improved forecast accuracy via accurate and timely sales, inventory and demand plans that deliver internal and external volume, and profitability and revenue goals.
- Proactively communicate demand and selling signals to cross functional teams to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Maintain an external focus through key account collaboration to analyze the business and provide direction, while taking into consideration account and marketplace trends, current and historical perspectives, strategic business plans and annual budgets.
- Create effective seasonal assortment plans as a key strategic partner and sales and merchandising.
- Deliver unbiased, independent monthly forecasts of unconstrained demand at account/product levels.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative input to Director, Wholesale Planning to influence effective inventory strategies.
- Identify, present and pursue white space opportunities through ad hoc analysis (category, geography, store cluster, product and SKU level).
Jockey International, Inc. is a leading designer, marketer, retailer, and licensor of men's undergarments and women's intimates. Jockey is a third generation family-owned company, headquartered between Chicago and Milwaukee in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The company has operations in Canada, Hong Kong, New York, North Carolina, and Germany.
Jockey designs and develops proprietary products produced through a tightly managed virtual manufacturing network concentrated in Asia and Central America and continues to be a strong supporter of efforts to improve global working conditions for apparel workers. Jockey brand products are sold globally across a network of distributor and licensee partners.
Jockey's culture reflects the values of our ownership. At Jockey, success is achieved through hard work, mutual respect, and offering consumers products with striking quality from a brand they trust. Jockey associates and Jockey products are the genuine article.
Through its charitable Jockey Being Family Foundation, Jockey and many Jockey associates support adoption initiatives across the United States, www.jockeybeingfamily.com.
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com, or call us at 262-658-8111.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in developing demand forecasts and planning in a consumer products industry; retail planning experience preferred; apparel experience a plus
- In depth familiarity with retail market dynamics and the impact on demand patterns
- Robust retail/financial planning knowledge, including sales, margin and inventory plans
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, strategic, qualitative acumen
- Self- starter with proven skills in negotiating and driving results in a dynamic, complex environment
- Ability to develop and support a point of view
- Skilled at modeling and fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, particularly excel
The ideal candidate:
- Motivated self-starter with proven skills in negotiating and driving results in a dynamic, complex environment
- Thinks strategically but capable of working at a tactical level
- Effectively uses analytical data and market trends to influence decision making
- Ability to synthesize vast amounts of data and articulate insights to trigger action
- Very strong communicator capable of working across all levels of the organization