Security Manager - 1st Shift
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Suffolk County
Town : Melville
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for Security Guards and Security Systems for multiple locations on Long Island and any other sites as directed. Partner with outside security service providers to optimize effectiveness of systems and manage response to alarms and emergencies. Establish a business partnership with all other departments facilitating the achievement of corporate goals with controlling risk. Oversee contract security staffing ensuring that all facilities are covered by contract security personnel. (30% )
- Promote an environment which encourages the development and implementation of security best practices. Ensure consistency in the enforcement of polices across their area of responsibility. Identify security risks and recommend mitigation methods which support security requirements and business needs. (20 % )
- Review security related invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contractual agreements. Coordinate security services to support Warehouse Sales as well as company sponsored events. Monitor prior security related incidents to proactively identify security related issues before they become a significant problem. (20 % )
- Maintain effective relationships with law enforcement and professional security associations. (10 % )
- Conduct confidential investigations as required and make recommendations for preventive and remedial actions. Assist other global security team members as required. ( 10% )
- Provide security plans for company special events to control access and protect employees. (5 % )
- Conduct security policy and awareness education for all employees. (5 % )
- Maintain and Determine appropriate level of security resources required to meet security program objectives, consistent with budgetary requirements.
- Responsible for contract Security Guards and Security Systems at multiple locations on Long Island.
- Promote an environment which encourages the development and implementation of "security best practices"
- Review security related invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contractual agreements
- Ensure consistency in the enforcement of polices across their area of responsibility.
- Conduct on duty/off-duty and weekend inspections of security personnel to ensure policies and procedures are enforced, identify potential problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to conduct presentations.
- Law Enforcement/Military background/CPP preferred
- Available to work during any shift
-Minimum 5-8 years of Supervisory Related Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.