Security Officer - Part-Time (Weekend Evenings: 6 pm-6 am)
Country : USA
State : Wisconsin
County : Kenosha County
Town : Kenosha
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Part time
This is an exciting opportunity to join JOCKEY - especially if you have a passion to pursue a field in criminal justice, law enforcement, etc.! This role, on our corporate Security team, is located in Kenosha, WI and will ensure employees are supported with a safe and secure facility.
- Saturday and Sunday (6:00 PM-6:00 AM)
You'll perform safety patrols in/outside of our corporate office, act on emergency situations, and regularly interact with employees and guests coming/leaving our corporate office - including:
- Performing security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle - watching for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns/safety hazards.
- Observing, investigating, and preparing reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
- Activating alarms or notifying police/fire departments in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Performing monthly inspections of emergency exit lights and fire extinguishers, ladders, walkie talkies, and doors; reporting any needed repairs to supervisor.
- Assisting employees with vehicle problems (i.e., jump dead batteries, inflating flat tires).
- Picking up trash/debris during daily door check rounds,
- During office hours: managing the safety and security operations at the corporate office, ensuring employees and visitors are communicated with in a courteous and professional manner; permitting authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits
- During winter months: assist with shoveling and salting building entrances.
- General security knowledge desired (gained through classroom or work experience).
- Professional demeanor along with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and decision-making skills; ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Ability for prolonged standing and walking. Ability to work in all weather conditions (this role will be primarily patrolling the outdoor parameters of the building).
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Available to work 24 hours per week, including Saturday and Sunday (shift: 6:00 PM-6:00 AM).
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers onsite health & wellness programs, fitness club discounts, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, a challenging work environment, and more! Follow us on LinkedIn and stay connected!
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com, call us at 262-658-8111, or send a facsimile request to 262-653-3014.