Senior Art Director
Country : USA
State : New York
County : New York County
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Michael Kors stores are operated, either directly or through licensing partners, in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro.
Behind this burgeoning empire stands a singular designer with an innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic. Michael Kors has won numerous accolades within the fashion industry, been honored for his philanthropy, and earned the respect and affection of millions. Wholly dedicated to a vision of style that is as sophisticated as it is indulgent, as iconic as it is modern, he has created an enduring luxury lifestyle empire with a global reach.
Michael Kors has always been involved in philanthropy, fighting hunger for more than 20 years. A longtime supporter of God’s Love We Deliver, he has worked with the New York-based organization to help distribute meals to people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses. In 2013, he partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to help fight world hunger by designing the 100 Series watch. A portion of the proceeds from his special-edition timepiece helps WFP deliver food to children through its school meals program.
Michael Kors is seeking a Senior Art Director to concept and execute 360 creative campaigns and content that blend storytelling and commerce. The ideal candidate will be able to express their ideas clearly, provide direction and leadership to team members, take direction from Senior Leadership, and partner with cross-functional departments on strategy and execution.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Report directly to Vice President of Global Creative
- Lead a team of Art Directors and Graphic Designers, fostering teamwork and a collaborative work environment. Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall work culture
- Concept and Art Direct major international Ad Campaigns and Seasonal Shoots, including Lifestyle, Video and Still shoots
- Collaborate with outside partners, including photographers, videographers, artists, models, etc.
- Execute content for digital, mobile, social, e-commerce, in-store, OOH, video, and print
- Partner with Editorial and Fashion Teams to communicate the overall brand voice and vision
- Translate business and marketing objectives into ideas that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, engaging and in-keeping with brand expression and standards
- Lead presentations and effectively communicate creative vision
- Ensure the final work of team members meets utmost standards
- Portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables
- Print, digital and video post-production including editing, color direction, etc.
- Expert knowledge of design specs and media requirements for web and social applications
- Experience working with UX and UI web developers
- Strong sense of visual style: strong layout, typography and graphics standards
- Ability to manage and foster the growth of a team of Art Directors and Designers
- Adobe Creative Suite, and design tools including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Motion graphics / animation and video editing experience a plus
- Domestic and International travel a possibility