Senior Business Analyst
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Denver County
Town : Denver
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The business analyst will be responsible for help the team understand businesses analytics solutions needs by gathering the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. He/she will be responsible for providing data requirements to engineering as well as analytics teams. This person will be the interface between stakeholders and engineers/ developers/ analytics team. Therefore, strong communication and analytical skills are required to be successful for this part of the role.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Initiatives will include, but not limited to data warehouse/ data lake build, data requirements for build data visualizations, reports, and statistical modeling, customer data management. Responsibilities include:
- Collecting and analyzing the project's business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development teams.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver product's functional requirements like dashboard data, report, data model.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Supporting deployment and end user training
- Building, updating and maintaining site and access for team's collaboration site
- Providing ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed.Example projects:
- Retail planning data warehouse and data visualization/ reporting requirements
- CRM and loyalty reporting needs
- Demand chain analytics needs
- Real estate analytics needsQualifications:
- Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science required; Preferred: Business Analyst Certification
- Experience: Preferred: BS and 4+ years with a BS of applicable experience as a Business Analyst and/or in a Business Function; or 3+ years with an MS; or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of retail and apparel best practices and trends
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- SQL skills for creating test scripts and data valdiation
- Strong communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Strong collaboration skills. Works well in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Demonstrates a sense of calmness under periods of uncertainty or change while dealing with stress in a manner that sets the necessary tone for the team and function
- High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
- Ability to drive results, influence people, and train others when appropriate
- Must be a self-starter, quantitative-minded, and possess a proactive, innovative nature.
- Proficient in both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies, Smartsheet, Jira, Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Must have advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint