Senior Business Analyst, Microstrategy
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd's DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company's merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
As a member of the Business Insights team, the Senior Business Analyst will play an important business facing role by being a central point of contact. The BA will partner closely with IT to ensure that reports and data analysis get constructed based on business requests. Key responsibilities include learning the business requirements, understanding functional context of the requests, and appropriately building reports and analysis within the available reporting platforms.
Requirement Gathering and Data Validation
- Analyze business objectives of the stakeholder and develop solutions to address their business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the project phase plans
- Document functional and other requirements based on customer or business partner feedback on moderately complex projects
- Collect and consolidate data from responsible parties to be used for reporting and dashboard creation
- Write queries (SQL, MDX, etc.) to research and understand the data structure
- Work with IT/technical resources to translate business requirements; ensure that the dataset/cube are built per requirement
- Manage issue escalation and resolution during the data validation phaseReport Development and Delivery
- Develop an understanding of strengths/limitations of various tools and technologies available. Suggest alternate methods of data presentation
- Leverage the available reporting tools (MicroStrategy, Excel/SSAS, etc.) to create reports, confirm the data integrity via thorough testing
- Align on the report delivery strategy and ensure the delivery per SLA
- Lead the pilot effort of new reports and dashboard prior to the deployment and work with IT to incorporate their feedback into the final version of the deliverable
- Collect user feedback, and provide support as needed
- Lead post deployment validation as instructed by project leadership or management
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in MicroStrategy and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3-5 years' experience in the Retail industry, report building, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects forward
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to build stable working relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e., Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Suitable level of working Retail business knowledge (Buying and Planning)
- Strong SQL or other database query skills preferred
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically#LI-AS4