Senior Business Operations Leader: New York
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Business Development, the Senior Business Operations Leader will execute across a strategic and operational capacity based on the needs of the business, working closely with the VP, Strategy & Business Development. The Senior Business Operations Leader will be responsible for helping drive key operating meetings both in developing agenda, content, and preparations with senior leadership. They will also serve a key role in driving continuity across topics relevant for management and the board including overall business updates, strategic initiatives, and innovation/business development topics. The Senior Business Operations Leader will also provide strategic oversight and thought partnership to the VP, Strategy & Business Development. From time to time, there may be special projects that require the Senior Business Operations Leader to execute on discovery, due-diligence, strategy development, and recommendation. The Senior Strategic Operations Lead will contribute to driving a culture of ownership and accountability around the corporate strategy and driving innovation for future growth. He / she will be responsible for creating content for updates to across key strategic topics and will have significant exposure to business leaders across the organization.
Since this Senior Business Operations Leader will serve as a "change agent", experience (and comfort) with influencing teams without formal authority is important for success in this role. The Senior Business Operations Leader will have significant day-to-day exposure to business leaders across the organization. Therefore, the role requires strong communication and collaboration skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support key Macy's operating cadences including weekly business updates, monthly and quarterly operating programs to align with strategic priorities and delivering results (including Macy's Operating Committee, Corporate Strategy Group).
- Manage weekly business review meetings (key Macy's operating meeting including merchandising, marketing, stores, supply chain) including weekly development of agenda and content development and managing the meeting.
- Own management and preparation of content and strategic communication for Board meetings.
- Develop and facilitate strategic communication to key internal and external stakeholders (Macy's Leadership, Investors, Media, Strategic Partners, etc.).
- Support across strategic initiatives with the Macy's Leadership Team and key stakeholders to create alignment, prioritization, key objectives, and accountability.
- Serve as an overall thought partner and identify and own special projects as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- BA/BS Degree required, MBA optional
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, management consulting, investment banking or fashion & apparel experience is a plus
- Strong analytical rigor, finance background a plus
- Experience supporting a high-performing team with or without formal reporting relationship
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (oral, written and listening).
- Ability to understand, organize and communicate complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- High-energy, passionate, and proven track record of developing and implementing strategies.
- Ability to independently lead team and drive to results with minimal direction.
- Knowledge and interest in retail, technology, and innovation.
- Executes following a "Teams Win" philosophy, fostering a positive, collaborative environment.