Senior Copywriter / Copy Manager - Marketing Creative
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Think strategically and creatively. Exhibit an understanding of marketing principles to create effective retail advertising copy.
- Craft messaging that resonates with the customer and ensures strategic marketing intent through storytelling and relatable content
- Use data and insights and effectively apply them to creative executions that drive action on the part of
- Effectively tailor communication style and content to the audience, by medium
- Understand and correctly apply rules of grammar and writing. Recognize the nuances of brand voice and use them capably.
- Collaborate with direct manager, art directors, digital creative team, other copy team members and project management to ensure details of assignments are met, are compelling and on-brand while achieving the stated goals of the project
- Exemplify curiosity, eagerness, dedication and personal accountability, with a strong attention to detail
- Apply copy style guide and existing type standards accurately and consistently, and maintain compliance with government regulations and Company policies
- 5+ years copywriting experience minimum, preferably for a retail company
- Experience writing engaging copy for digital executions, print, social media, television and radio
- Television and radio production experience, including casting and directing talent
- Adaptable to changes in strategy with efficient and effective solutions; flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft mastery is required. Must be proficient in typography functions of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.