Senior Director, Lifestyle
TURNER, a boutique, award-winning integrated marketing, public relations and digital communications firm, is looking for a Senior Director to join our lifestyle team in our New York office, supporting our growing roster of fashion, accessory, retail, active and boutique travel brands.
At TURNER, we’ve built our business around innovative brands. With a 20+-year history launching fashion, wellness, travel and outdoor campaigns, our passion translates to trusted relationships and outstanding results. We are the niche agency that speaks to the each of our core audiences with equal authenticity, because we come from inside the industries we represent. We’re relentless about strategy and smart engagement. We capitalize on our clients’ brand positioning, helping to broaden consumer awareness and cement their future.
TURNER’s national footprint consists of offices in New York, Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
The Senior Director is responsible for leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients in the lifestyle division. This position focuses on campaigns that run the intersection of media relations, influencer programming, strategic partnerships and consumer activations. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience working in related industries and will be comfortable leading account teams with several members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as mentoring our junior staff and investing in their growth. This position requires U.S. travel up to 20 percent of the time.
- Serve as main client contact for a portfolio of lifestyle clients
- Develop and execute strategic plans, alongside extensive media relations experience with high-priority pitching
- Manage account budgets and resources, as necessary
- Help drive business development, as an active participant in mining potential opportunities, proposal ideation and creation, and the pitch presentation process
- Maintain strong media relationships, and engage in strategic, feature and business story pitching as needed, including broadcast
- Guide and develop junior staff members (up to 4 direct reports)
- Edit and oversee all client press materials, plans, strategies and presentations
- Actively engage in developing team morale, managing workloads, team growth, and contributing to the division and company leadership as a whole
- Act as the problem solver for the team and clients, while driving results forward and being solutions-oriented
- Attend and actively participate in client visits, meetings and planning sessions in various locations
- Proactively identify ways to integrate digital and influencer programming into communications strategies
- 8-10 years of communications agency experience within fashion, entertainment, lifestyle and/or hospitality portfolio – including relevant experience in CPG, travel and retail
- Voraciously consumes all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape
- Experience establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, along with relationships with the media
- Proven ability to secure high quality brand, lifestyle and feature coverage
- Knowledge and experience working with celebrities, influencers and creative class VIPs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
- Ability to travel
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any additional information you think valuable.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.