Senior Finance Analyst – Marketing sg&a
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Suffolk County
Town : Boston
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Develops and drives achievement of short-term goals critical to the company's success.
- Prepare and distribute timely and insightful financial analysis to resolve progress against strategic plan, budget, forecast and to support external financial decisions.
- Execute the monthly reporting and forecasting analysis and present actionable items to senior leadership. Lead framework that is based on data | insight | action
- Perform analysis that aids in the decision making process. Monitors monthly progress against budgets/targets and works with partners to ensure accountability.
- Actively interprets and reviews financial results with senior leaders, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
- Ensure business leaders are educated on use and interpretation of financial reports, metrics, and other key performance indicators.
- Lead financial thought partnership cross functionally to support business decisions through financial modeling and scenario planning to optimize financial investments
To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who can work with limited oversight, and balance taking initiative around complex issues applying innovative solutions while executing diligently under tight timelines when required. You must possess exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail paired with the ability to see the bigger picture, a strong work ethic and a desire to continuously learn and help evolve areas of responsibility. Additionally, you need to possess the ambition to think as an owner and strategic thinker.
- Bachelor or Master degree required with a minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is a plus
- Certifications: MBA (Finance, Economics, or related fields), CMA or CPA preferred
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related business units
- Client service attitude and ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
- Innate desire to continuously explore, learn, and exercise intellectual curiosity; comfort with ambiguity and ability to quickly adapt to competing/changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Strong ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Process and Detail-oriented with the ability to think holistically and strategically about a business
- Advanced and detailed knowledge of excel functionalities associated with financial modeling required
- Knowledge and use of SAP and Business Objects preferred