Senior Financial Analyst, Inventory Analysis & Control
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Lead the updating and enhancing of the weekly In-Store inventory model. Work closely with business partners to solicit inputs including sales, allocation metrics, DC production, etc. Provide impact analysis on in-store inventory and other key metrics due to the weekly results and forecast changes.
- Prepare monthly Merchant Margin to Gross Margin variance analysis. Prepare quarterly Gross Margin and Inventory Board variance analysis identifying business drivers for variances.
- Perform complex ad-hoc analysis on key inventory metrics (inventory, markdowns, sales) based on business needs or management requests. Clearly articulate the results and business impacts to all levels of management.
- Collaborate with business partners (ie Store & DC Ops) to drive understanding and/or improvement in operational metrics that correlate to improved data integrity.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing reporting procedures.
- Lead system projects, modifications, enhancements and implementations including requirements documentation and testing.
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Planning and Organization
- Technical Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in an analytical role
- Retail and inventory experience a plus
- Strong analytical ability - must be able to synthesize data, be able to error check and reconcile own work and be able to design analysis to answer specific questions
- Strong excel and word skills, as well as ability to learn multiple back end software applications (i.e. MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.