Senior Financial Analyst, Inventory Analysis & Control
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Inventory Control Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing detailed analysis of complex inventory related results, models and ad-hoc inquiries. The Inventory Control Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Inventory Control and will be responsible for developing, enhancing and managing new and current (i.e. In-Store) models, quarterly Board analysis, and completing a wide range of ad hoc analyses for Executives and other business partners.
- Lead the updating and enhancing of the weekly In-Store inventory model. Work closely with business partners to solicit inputs including sales, allocation metrics, DC production, etc. Provide impact analysis on in-store inventory and other key metrics due to the weekly results and forecast changes.
- Prepare monthly Merchant Margin to Gross Margin variance analysis. Prepare quarterly Gross Margin and Inventory Board variance analysis identifying business drivers for variances.
- Perform complex ad-hoc analysis on key inventory metrics (inventory, markdowns, sales) based on business needs or management requests. Clearly articulate the results and business impacts to all levels of management.
- Collaborate with business partners (ie Store & DC Ops) to drive understanding and/or improvement in operational metrics that correlate to improved data integrity.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing reporting procedures.
- Lead system projects, modifications, enhancements and implementations including requirements documentation and testing.
- Analysis and judgment
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Planning and Organization
- Technical Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in an analytical role
- Retail and inventory experience a plus
- Strong analytical ability - must be able to synthesize data, be able to error check and reconcile own work and be able to design analysis to answer specific questions
- Strong excel and word skills, as well as ability to learn multiple back end software applications (i.e. MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.