Senior Grc Engineer - Information Security & Compliance
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
County : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
- Champion our GRC platform and engineering efforts, operations and onboarding additional modules
- Meet with internal customers to understand requirements and build upon those requirements
- Conceptualize, design and document solutions to problems with the customers while owning the design & architecture elements
- Help drive a common technology model to ensure cross enterprise functionality
- Represent the GRC team to our internal customer base. Nordstrom is customer service driven and the GRC team takes this principle seriously.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards learning public and hybrid cloud technologies at enterprise scale.
- Mentor fellow team members and other engineers throughout the organization
- Continuous learning and seeking to understand
- Participate in 5x12 on-call rotation.Discipline Specific Competencies
- 3+ years' experience working within a GRC platform implementing new solutions/workflows as well as managing existing workflows thru enhancements, bug fixes and other changes.
- Experience with Security and Compliance in the enterprise. This includes an understanding of at least one of the following disciplines and exposure to all of them: Security Infrastructure, Security Assessments, and PCI Compliance, SOX at the enterprise level.
- Must possess experience with building partnerships across multiple business units and executing effectively
- Must possess strong consulting, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and completing priorities while staying on time for deliverables is a must.
- An understanding of the following disciplines is recommended: Windows, SQL, VMware or other virtualization/database platform, Chef or similar technology, DNS, and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- An ability to integrate systems through an API is recommended but not required.
- Ability to break down and understand the problem, listening to customers ideas and if it's in the best interest telling a customer no.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is desired but not required. A desire to work with AWS and a desire to become an AWS expert is an absolute must.
- Having a growth mindset, and an ability to bounce back is a key to this position and team!Behavioral Competencies
- Follows through on commitments and obligations and uses company resources wisely
- Understands overall business objectives and priorities and how efforts align
- Collaborates, influences and builds consensus through relationships and listening
- Solves problems by incorporating data into decision making
- Focuses on solutions and identifies and removes barriers to problem solving
- Adapt to changing situations and expectations and demonstrate ability to solve problemsKey
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- You thrive in an environment where each individual is focused on a common goal, where collaboration is favored over competition.
- This role requires a mixture of consulting, customer service, engineering, and support work.
- We would love to hear about it if you contribute to open source, write a blog, or otherwise participate in the technical community.