Senior Manager Brand Finance
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Full timeMain objective(s)To support the CB brand teams with, analysis, budgeting, initiative and strategic planning in line with company objectives. The key objective of this role is to own and drive the financial performance of a CB Fragrance/Body Care/Skin Care portfolio working with the marketing teams to produce insightful analysis and high-quality budgets and strategic plans. Support & perform monthly closing process.Key responsibilities
- Own and drive the month end close to deliver accurate and timely close in line with the business requirements and designated timeframes. Provide hands-on support as required to ensure all key deliverables are met. Reconcile both P&L and Balance sheet accounts.
- Creation of a control environment that respects the principles of budgetary control in all marketing teams. Ensure all activities comply with accounting standards, company policy and all relevant legislation.
- Provide an analytical study and an explanation of the monthly results to the VP Brand Finance and Director CB Brand Finance. Prepare internal reports for Brand teams and division management.
- Assist and guide brand teams and support services teams on budget preparation by brand/line and cost center. Drive best ROI mind set.
- Coordination, critical review and accuracy of expected results - Annual plan & latest estimates including monthly assessment and communication of ongoing risks and opportunities.
- Support the initiative process by assisting brand marketing and new product development teams: Evaluate initiative P&L & assumptions behind, develop reporting, provide post analysis.
- Respond to finance related queries from internal departments and ensure follow-up in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and commentary for brand for internal purpose as well as for external meetings with the Licensors / Fashion houses.
- Strong understanding of the contractual obligations with the Licensors. Support marketing teams in reaching the goals and complying with the contract obligations.
- Provide input and build 3-year strategic plan for the portfolio of CB brands in collaboration with Brand marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with both finance and non-finance stakeholders in various departments across the company.
- Identify and drive process improvements across the finance function.
- Actively participate in special / strategic projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Mid-year and year-end external audit contact.People leadership, development and training
- Set an example and help mentor and coach junior members of division finance team Leadership Competencies - Coty Competency Model: Excellence in Execution
- Participates in the tracking of individual goals
- Is reliable, gets things done on time
- Takes responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster
- Is proactive in developing multiple skills and open to learning from othersOrganized in Action
- Organizes own work effectively
- Adapts to changing priorities as needed
- Escalates issues before they become problems
- Takes advantage of processes and work systems, follows them with disciplineConstructive Networker
- Collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles
- Can deal with or manage cross-functional resources
- Seeks and shares relevant information in a proactive mannerCritical success factors
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High level interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with marketing and other functional teams
- High level ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Excellent presentation and strong communication skills in English and FrenchQualifications and experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Post graduate qualification in Finance or accounting
- Experience with end to end process assessment and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- FMCG background is highly regarded
- SAP / Hyperion Experience highly regardedSpecial requirements
- Ensure all activities comply with Coty policies and legal and ethical standards