Senior Manager Creative Project Management - Marketing
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Project Management: manage projects through the creative development process, from kick-off through concept inception to production to final asset delivery. Determine proper documentation, resources, scheduling, and project objectives are in place. Ensure projects are delivered on time and meet marketing objectives. Monitor workflow, and initiate preventative or remedial actions as needed.
- Risk Analysis: identify potential roadblocks related to resources and timelines and escalate potential issues when necessary. Mitigate risks on projects. Manage resources and logistics plus partner with various internal teams. Engage in contingency planning and proactively engage in problem-solving.
- Creative Acumen and Excellence: passionate about the creative process. Develop project plans that help elevate the creative work. Collaborate with Creative Directors. Act as partner and advisor to Creative Managers, Art Directors and Copywriters. Responsible for understanding creative needs when working with Marketing cohorts. Able to translate marketing objectives that guide creative development on digital platforms and multi-channel campaigns. Ensure the message conveyed is consistent with the initial vision of the project.
- Process Implementation: acts as a leader in implementing processes. Upholds standards and best practices. Critically reviews the creative process to seek workflow improvement and efficiency. Is a subject-matter-expert on Workfront.
- Leadership: supervise and mentor direct reports. Manage staff by providing direction and coaching/mentoring as required. Develop talent by building a highly effective team. Responsible for direct reports' workload allocation. Hold team accountable for project success, innovation, adherence to process and driving change. Develop performance evaluations and conduct reviews with employees.
- Collaboration: communicate directly and consistently with other Creative Project Managers to ensure synergy between all advertising efforts. Interface with Strategic Marketing, including Marketing Directors, Marketing Managers, and Marketing Specialists to interpret marketing objectives and communicate feedback for each project. Provide personal leadership and a collaborative atmosphere conducive to the motivation, development, and administrative management of the creative team.
- 8+ years in account/brand management with strong project management skills from an in-house creative service team or agency
- Strong understanding of the creative development process with emphasis on production execution and the ability to deploy and manage both internal and external resources to implement creative campaigns
- 5+ years of management experience required in order to select, train, manage and develop staff
- Must be an effective relationship builder to establish credibility and form business partnerships with internal partners
- Logically plan and sort out information coupled with being nimble and flexible with quick reaction and performance under deadline pressures
- Experience managing processes, resources and schedules with a strong sense of urgency and ability to problem-solve and be resourceful
- Strong communication and follow up skills to keep internal and external teams informed on project workflow at all times and solid organization skills with the ability to multi-task and reprioritize work
- MAC proficient and skilled using MS Office applications. Must have experience managing projects in a project management software tool such as Workfront, Basecamp, Wrike, Asana, etc.