Senior Manager - Fabric Research & Development
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
- Analyze fabric needs across the brand. Communicate recommendations Design and cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across divisions.
- Partner with Product Development and Merchandising to ensure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Drive fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Track all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
- Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments
- Track fabric testing report and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas.
- Support pricing guidelines for line plan.
- Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Team Leadership - has successfully led teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships).
- Collaboration - proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility - demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.