Senior Manager, Human Resources
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
People Partners collaborate with leaders, managers and team members across all areas of the Company on a wide range of HR topics. As stewards of our culture and values, People Partners leverage Talent Best Practices for a consistent employment experience. The People Partner team works across all brands and functions, both corporate and stores, by balancing a self-service mindset with the need for customized guidance on complex HR topics.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to...
- Work with managers to ensure best practices in rewards, change management, talent management, talent development and career planning are implemented in partnership with HR Centers of Expertise
- Partner with people managers to align roles, goals and processes with organizational strategies
- Help our leaders and managers make key people decisions
- Diagnose issues including broad talent trends and themes, then identifying and influencing the appropriate outcomes by partnering with leaders and managers
- Steward Tapestry and brand culture
- Extensive experience required in performance management and coaching
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven experience providing strategic support to leaders
- Ability to relate, influence, and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Ability to diagnose problems, and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to challenge convention and to provide solutions in ambiguous and changing situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action
- Experience partnering with Legal, Talent Acquisitions, Compensation, Employee Relations, HRIS and Immigration
- Experience with Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Visio), and HR people platforms (Success Factors a plus)
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.