Senior Merchandising Manager
- Drive the footwear product distribution, segmentation strategy and channel category mix including key focused accounts.
- Develop Seasonal Directed Assortments, from the Regional Footwear product line, for these specific wholesale channels and key accounts, to support key brand initiatives and delivers financial objectives across categories, price and margin.
- In cooperation with RBU Merchants, Sales and Marketing, develop best in class Go-To-Market process, timing and execution. Evaluate and implement seasonal introduction strategy. Define key merchandising touch points and function ownership. Ensure alignment within and across the RBUs to support key drivers and “Head-to-Toe” merchandising.
- Develop seasonal story/product introduction timing and flow consistent with Customer Seasonality and balanced with supply chain capacity considerations.
- Drive model and style efficiency; tighter assortments, eliminate overlap between categories and price points, increase expectations within categories we compete – reduce non-strategic and/or non-high volume models, and increase style level expectations – tighten up excessive color options.
- Develop mid and long-term channel product line-ups that clearly communicate model/style lifecycle.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the range architecture and brief into the Global Business Units accordingly.
- Generate SMU requirements when considered appropriate or essential to meet or exceed commercial goals.
- Track financial results by channel and key accounts against plan (annual budgets and 3yr OGSP targets); category mix, unit, revenue, go in and standard gross margin, ASP and forecast accuracy
- Track product sell through and market share by channel (monthly)
- Manage style efficiency (pairs/style)
- Experience with product planning, sales forecasting and working to budgets
- Knowledge of channel segmentation, range architecture, product assortments, concept drivers, and product flow.
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence, both formal and informal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the desire to build lasting relationships internally and with key retail partners.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential.
- Superior communication skills, especially presentation skills.
- Computer skills including advanced Excel
- Travel required