Senior Merchandising Project Manager
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Denton County
Town : Denton
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Senior Merchandising Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Merchandising strategies and deliverables. In addition to shaping and implementing the Governance structure that will ensure the successful achievement of the Merchandising goals and Mission. This role will undertake the coordination of meeting cadence; outline agendas; develop documents that will track progress against key objectives. This role will also help support functional leaders on key projects where appropriate.
- Partners closely with the Chief Merchant and leadership team to understand the strategic plans and goals for the function.
- Works with the team to develop the Governance framework as a key enabler to drive the successful implementation of the Merchandising strategic plan and objectives.
- Creates reporting materials to able the tracking and update on progress on the strategic plan on a weekly and quarterly basis (QKRs).
- Reviews the reporting materials and highlights any issues or concerns around timelines and deliverables.
- Prepare documents ahead of time for the Chief Merchant and the leadership team to review.
- Identifies and makes recommendations on Governance process improvements.
- To provide ad-hoc support, or to participate in project teams to drive merchandising initiatives.
- To support and work closely with the Executive Assistant to act as a point of co-ordination and reference for other functions or external consultants; to help facilitate meeting governance and agendas.
- 5+ years' experience in a merchandising or planning function
- Strong ability in excel and/ or project management tools
- The ability to communicate and interact with upper management
- The ability to exercise a wide degree of initiative, creativity and latitude
- A flexible and pragmatic approach to getting things done
- Commitment to follow-through
- The desire to work in team-oriented work environment
- Highly organized and good attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.