Senior Operations Manager
Country : USA
State : Pennsylvania
County : Luzerne County
Town : Wilkes-Barre
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
A successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, supply chain experience, and strong skills in working collaboratively and cross-functionally. The candidate must also possess a proven track record of delivering results. He or she will have strong analytical capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets. This individual will be a strong people manager with the ability to effectively manage multiple layers of management across a 24/7 operation. The position requires an individual who can work both autonomously and collaboratively in a demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
- Manage all Distribution Center operations and be accountable for achieving all productivity and quality targets.
- Hire, train, and manage DC management team and associates.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and cost per unit for Distribution Center.
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve overall cost structure and customer experience.
- Develop and manage scalable internal SOPs and training, as well as external-facing documentation and messaging.
- Maintain full working knowledge of the WCS and WMS platforms and provide guidance and support to the operations and IT staff as needed.
- Manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using SAP, excel, queries and WMS reporting.
- Report on operations metrics to evaluate DC performance in productivity, quality, safety, and other KPIs.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across the Adidas supply chain network and other functional areas.
- Maintain all OSHA safety standards including all reporting of accidents, injuries, damages, and potential threats to safety
- Interface with Distribution Directors, Transportation, Finance, FTZ/Customs, and Distribution Supervisors, Managers, and Associates.
- Experience leading high-volume ecommerce operations with direct ownership of end user consumer experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to effectively and efficiently interact with all organization's levels.
- Ability to bridge strategic, tactical and operational business concepts and developments by applying an end-to-end Global mindset
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
- Manage an operations budget of +$1M
- Demonstrated knowledge of current supply chain information technology solutions
- Excellent project management and process management skills; E2E SCM processes
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills. Proficient use of Microsoft office applications (Prefer Advanced Excel skills)
- The job requires extensive walking and standing on hard surfaces