Senior Product Manager – Discovery
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills that include the ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
- Must be able to collaborate and be effective in a cross-functional environment.
At Macy's, our Product Management teams define a product vision that allows Macy's customers to shop seamlessly and easily across channels. The Discovery product domain at Macy's is responsible for driving the experience from home page to product pages across all channels.
Macy's is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager who will work in the Discovery domain - an exciting space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. The leader of this team will have a strong track record of leading and developing teams, working and influencing in a cross-functional context and using data to drive decision-making. You will report to the Director of Product Management Discovery and will collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of people and teams.
In this role, you will envision experiences that can make it easy for Macy's customers to find what they want in the fastest way possible across all touchpoints. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new enhancements, and ensuring that we're pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team's initiatives. Working with engineers, designers and stakeholders across the organization, this Senior Product Manager would help craft the long-term vision. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create mid to long term vision for the top of funnel experience and manage product backlog.
- Collaborate and regularly communicate with business and stakeholders to shape strategy and feature prioritization to build and improve the user experience.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; respond to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyze competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develop detailed requirements, feature definition, implementation plan, and internal communications.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and work with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Be recognized as an expert across the division - someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of Macy's.
- Use data and metrics to test assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions. Drive continual improvement through testing, consumer research, etc.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of discovery products.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
- 6+ years product management experience with a more data centric/technical feature focus.
- Previous product experience leading marketing-driven products.
- Internet, retail and e-commerce experience.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Exercises sound judgment in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and asks for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
- Analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Familiarity with mobile, social, and omni-channel customer journeys.
- Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Should be able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Proactively anticipates and identify problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.