Senior Product Manager, Security And Fraud
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Our Site Merchandising teams collaborate with our technology, merchant and marketing teams to achieve sales goals. We're laser focused on delivering our customers with the best customer experience across all digital channels.
- College Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience in one or more of the following areas: product/program management, business development, management consulting, fraud prevention/strategies, risk, or information security desired, but not required.
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with vendors, partners, third parties; relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems. A Senior Product Manager at Macy's, Inc is a key leader in delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. A Senior Product Manager combines a strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion solutions that deliver value.
The Security and Fraud Senior Product Manager will interface directly with all levels of macys.com, bloomingdales.com, privacy, security, fraud, and finance. In partnership with business leadership, they define the roadmap for the program, and represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams - who will execute on that vision. It is essential that the product manager understands how product enhancements change customer behavior, mitigate potential security and fraud concerns, and what new trends are emerging in the market. The Product Manager will own socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. They partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. A successful Product Manager will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development in a matrix organization.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
- directly support primary objectives of the project
- are appropriate in size for iterative development
- include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
- Partner with Security and Fraud teams for all Security and Fraud initiatives and ensure solutions balance the business needs and the right customer experience. Identify and explore the latest security and fraud trends within the industry.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications.
- Partner with various project teams to identify security and fraud impacts, and provide recommendations and requirements to ensure optimal security and fraud controls balanced with customer experience.
- Balance priorities across the various initiatives, communicating decisions and trade-offs. Maintain a prioritized backlog.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Understand the importance and impact of best practices for security and fraud.
- Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team.
- Partner with macys.com and bloomingdales.com and app/mobile user experience teams as necessary to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
- Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
- Develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Recognized as an expert across the division as someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com.
- Can successfully champion new initiatives to leadership team.
- Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the business user stories can be prioritized optimally
- Advise the business and provide suggestions for Security and Fraud opportunities, based on detailed knowledge of existing data, business objectives and available technology
- Secure deep understanding of the data and how it represents and is used by the business; identify gaps where they exist and communicate them.
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.