Senior Program Manager, Supply Chain Systems & Engineering - Seattle, wa
Country : USA
State : Washington
County : King County
Town : Seattle
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
The Senior Program Manager, Supply Chain System & Engineering is responsible for driving key investments in Nordstrom Supply Chain, setting the standard for our operating philosophy moving forward. Specifically, this role is focused on the delivery and deployment of new supply chain assets moving Nordstrom closer to our customer. In addition, the Senior Program Manager uses their business acumen and technical proficiency to revitalize existing assets with new technology and capabilities. This person partners with cross functional internal and external stakeholders to see that projects are launched, managed and deployed consistently using the agreed standard project management methodology.
If you like driving change - this will be an exciting and challenging opportunity, giving you the ability to be key player in our growing and expanding Nordstrom Supply Chain organization.
A day in the life...
- Work on projects of high complexity, highly cross-functional, and possessing experience in implementing varying types of automation solutions, warehouse management designs, and integrations using standardized processes and methodology
- Develop and drive adherence to project/program reporting structure across leaders at all levels of the organization
- Responsible for the delivery of a program to the specification across all internal and external partners.
- Translate delivery milestones and budget details aligned to scope from supporting partners into a single managed integrated view to achieve program objectives and maintain program discipline
- Develop framework, in partnership with finance and operations, to ensure ROI is achieved
- Create program updates across multiple leadership levels-direct program updates to Executive Team level
- Assess, manage, resolve and escalate risks and issues. Facilitate communication clearly and concisely across stakeholder teams, providing transparency to milestones and needs
- Train and mentor team members on solutions and best practice in support of site implementations and continuous improvement
- Participate in integration meetings to ensure operational workflow, business and system requirements and specifications, adhere to scope and strategic objectives/outcomes
- Govern scope change to ensure business processes, system, and/or equipment solutions deliver customer value and is value-accretive
- Facilitate and manage all aspects of build, testing, training, change management and other implementation work streams for stability and scale
- Lead on-site implementation to ensure business requirements, KPI's, business objectives/success measures are achieved and/or framework to detect, track, action are in place
- Deliver/continuously improve standardized project documentation, template, framework to support implementations
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- 8+ years of progressive project management and project execution experience
- This position requires a high degree of project execution (site implementation) knowledge
- Proven experience delivering large scale, enterprise projects, that include launching greenfield and brown field (retrofitted) facilities programs
- Ability to review and accept complete cross functional requirements (engineering, software, site improvement etc.) and manage delivery to those requirements with internal and external partners for successful deployment for scope, timeline and budget
- Manage the playbook for deployment to meet business requirements and operational capacity across all stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and influence leaders at all levels
- Minimum 4+ years technical experience working with supply chain systems (warehouse management (WMS), transportation management (TMS), order management (OMS), ERP etc.)
- Supply chain expertise in retail or consumer goods preferred; with specific focus on logistics and distribution, fulfillment, manufacturing, or store operations and understanding of industry dynamics
- Ideally certified in project management disciplines (Project Management Professional - PMP) or demonstrated like experiences
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel required 25%+