Senior Visual Merchandising Manager: Bloomingdale’s Tysons Corner
Country : USA
State : Virginia
County : Fairfax County
Town : McLean
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Driving Fashion / Merchandise Strategies
- Creates the design and development of visual equipment, trend shops, private label shops, and merchandising initiatives for an Family of Business
- Manages the creative development of visual and merchandise presentations in partnership with Design Director.
- Leads and develops visual merchandise direction.
- Owns development of visual collateral for visual merchandise concepts.
- Manages and communicates monthly Fashion styling direction to the stores.
- Participates in creative team meetings building seasonal campaigns.
- Owns Updating merchandising standards for areas of responsibility.
- Interacts with outside resources for sourcing visual components and collateral.
- Manages expense and capital budgets for merchandise initiatives and campaign components
- Leads and participates with Design Director new store openings, renovations, prototypes and best practices of new concepts on a seasonal basis.
- Develops and Creates renderings for merchandise and creative concept directives
- Processes purchase orders of visual collateral
Partner to Merchants
- Influential partner to merchant teams in development of new ideas as business requires.
- Attend seasonal merchandise strategy and visual request meetings.
- Market involvement with merchant and fashion team to visit vendor showrooms and new markets.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- BS/BA in Retail business, Merchandising, Marketing and or Graphic Design.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the visual merchandising field and retail environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Proficient in, In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, MAC, PC, Excel, Word and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to think creatively and understand scale and composition in visual techniques.
- Resource, develop and design through market contacts.
- Lead and collaborate with merchants, fashion office and store teams.
- Collaborate cross functionally to achieve brand vision through in-store visuals.