Smartwool: Senior Manager, Global Production
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Denver County
Town : Denver
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Lead a team responsible for: securing supplier capacity, planning raw material production flow, achieving gross margin targets via costing & negotiation of direct source suppliers, cross functional collaboration to bring Smartwool product to market. Evaluate direct vs. non-direct sourcing decisions. Own direct source vendor relationships. Partner with VF Legal on the set up and maintenance of Vendor agreements. Ensure product availability to meet launch dates and service goals through proactive management of vendor capacity and capabilities. Lead the development of the annual MHP, which establishes the sourcing strategy in support of the brand's strategic plans. Roll out the results to key direct vendors and monitor vendor adherence to action plans. Constant assessment of the direct source supply chain for continuous improvements of lead-time, vendor performance, quality and price. Partner with PD to identify and evaluate new vendors. Initiate the setup and onboarding of new direct vendors. Manage Vendor performance by employing score carding and key performance indicators, including on-time delivery, quality reject rates, and purchase price variance. Review KPIs with Vendors quarterly and establish action plans to remedy performance issues, when necessary. Track adherence to action plans. Manage negotiations to ensure Smartwool receives favorable pricing, while ensuring high quality and service, including MOQs and lead-times. Visit Vendor facilities to evaluate production processes and quality standards. Maintain working knowledge of the production process to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost savings. Manage the monthly reporting of excess and obsolete inventory at the vendors. Works with Sales on mitigation of E&O through build-outs where possible. Lead & influence cross functional teams to achieve "Go To Market" strategies within the supply chain.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and many associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It's who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers' lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Smartwool is a brand that revels in the joys of the outdoors-taking inspiration from our communities to create innovative, refined Merino wool products that bring comfort and confidence to everyday adventures and pro-level pursuits. While we pride ourselves in bringing comfort to the outdoors, we also strive to bring purpose and community to our work through our unique values of openness, inclusivity, advocacy, action, and fun-loving. We balance fulfilling work with group mountain bike rides, ski outings, happy hours, and volunteer days. We want our brand, culture, and products to inspire joyful, spontaneous, and wild moments in the outdoors for everyone, including ourselves (and all who what to join the team).
We are looking for a skilled Senior Manager Global Production to join our VF Family.
Come join our Smartwool Team at VF's new headquarters in Denver, Colorado!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and stellar analytical abilities
- Strong and recognized ability to influence and negotiate with multiple levels in organizations
- Strong experience working with spreadsheet applications and Product Lifecycle Management tools (PLM, Enovia, Flex PLM)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Experience in production planning and supply chain management
- Self-starter with excellent follow through and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detailEducational/ Position Requirements:
- 8+ years in supply chain, sourcing, product development, and/or financial roles with analytics and costing responsibility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university (preferred concentration in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Management)
- APICS or Six-Sigma Certifications are a plusSpecial Requirements:
- Travel estimated at 35% or less of the time