Specialist, Business License
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for the research, application, processing, and renewals of business licenses and permits for all new and existing store locations using License HQ software. This includes determining the license payment, requesting payment, and license delivery to the stores or G&A departments.
- Coordinate with Store Operations and Property Development for all Ross and dd's DISCOUNTS stores' licensing and permitting requirements in accordance with governmental agencies.
- Responsible for contacting various city, county, and state government agencies for applications and payment requests, while coordinating with Real Estate, Construction, and Store departments for information and license delivery.
- Responsible for coordinating business-licensing-based logistics for opening new stores in timely manner.
- Responsible for communication to appropriate departments within the company.
- Responsible for occupancy business tax filing, and other applicable licensing and fee filings.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Special projects as assigned, such as assisting the Merchandising team with researching the licensing requirements for potential new lines of business.
- Drives Results
- Responsive Feedback
- Business Acumen
- Analysis and Judgment
- Take Ownership
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years work experience. Previous data entry / general office experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong follow-through
- Deadline oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail oriented, with a strong emphasis on accuracy
- AA degree or higher, desired
- Ability to work independently or as a team member on projects
- Ability to work autonomously with all levels of management within Ross as well as with local governments
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.