sr. Accountant, Inventory Control
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Prepare and distribute various inventory related reports including variance insight and explanation vs Budget, Forecast and LY
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on business needs or management requests
- Responsible for inventory control reconciliations and reporting which are submitted to external auditors and the board of directors
- Lead for semi-annual Physical Inventory process including analyzing and producing physical inventory results and maintaining inventory data
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing reporting procedures. Participate in systems implementations including requirements documentation and testing
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong PC skills (proficient with Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to perform job functions independently and complete accurate work within tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally
- Comfortable working with confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- PeopleSoft and Retek system knowledge helpful
- Retail and inventory experience a Plus
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.