sr Buyer - Womens
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Anaheim
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Core Accountabilities: STRATEGIC PLANNING (50%):
- Determine pre-season plans and product strategies that align with financial plans.
- Accountable for merchandise performance for area of responsibility, recommends revisions to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Works with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that optimize inventory performance and reduce markdown risk.
- Ensure key milestones are maintained based on master calendar.
- Strategically directs the category groups. Drive execution through staff to meet or exceed both quantifiable and quantitative goals.
- Present quarterly product assortment to CEO.
- Develop and execute seasonal promotional strategies.
- Drive floorset execution with visual team, and partner with marketing team on seasonal campaigns.
- Understands competitors' strengths, weaknesses and strategies. BRAND MANAGEMENT (20%):
- Attend branded vendors appointments and build strong relationships with the brands. Develop branded product strategies and penetration targets. Negotiate product costs and deliveries to maximize brand performance.
- Participate in the Private Label Product Development process as appropriate. Collaborate with Design team to build seasonal assortments.
- Oversee/participate in market visits.
- Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships and works with the buyers to strengthen market relationships.
- Travel, as needed. TEAM DEVELOPMENT (30%):
- Hire and retain team members that will leverage their strengths to the needs of the organization.
- Coaches and develops Buyers, Associate Buyers and Assistant Buyers ensuring growth and readiness for next level position.
- Manage and mentor staff. Create development and succession plans.
- Live the company values; trust, teamwork, creativity, individual excellence, passion
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction. Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree desired with 3-5 years retail buying experience in either specialty store or department store. Internal candidates must have at least 2 years of Buyer level buying experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must have strong communication skills, providing direction to private label, design and product development team and brands.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must be task driven and pro-active when it comes to executing tasks
- Thorough knowledge of retail Math such as gross margin, open to buy calculations, initial markup calculations, turnover etc. Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.