sr. Digital Art Director (Nars)
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Sr. Digital Art Director will play a key leadership role within the Design Studio. He/she will partner closely with, and report into, the Director of the Design Studio. He/she will also be responsible for concepting and executing creative content for 360 campaigns, from collaborative ideation, to design development and presentation of creative strategy, through to final execution for application across all digital touchpoints. The Sr. Digital Art Director must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong executional skills and experience in managing a team. He/she must be hands-on, flexible, driven, and be a team player who embodies the NARS passion and positive attitude.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Concept & execute creative content for 360 campaigns: photo/video shoots for digital and social, including all pre- and post- production, on set art direction (both on-model and still life), ensuringaccurate visual expression of campaign launch strategy and brand representation
- Own the strategy and application of creative content across all digital and social channels: strategic intent in application of assets, hands-on execution of templates, cropping, new strands, etc.
- Help manage any day-to-day team duties, as required, to support the Design Studio Director
- Develop strong communication patterns which build relationships and trust with cross-functional partners
- Brand Equity Champion; build and maintain Brand Equity across all digital and social channels.
- Understand key business and strategic objectives and support from Creative standpoint
- Anticipate needs to quickly identify solutions
- Ensure all work released from the Design Studio meets Creative standards, both conceptually and in execution and holds true to the brand DNA.
- Inspire the team and encourage a positive and collaborative environment.
- Partner closely with the Director of the Design Studio on all points
- Collaborate with all members of the Design Studio
- Partner with cross-functional teams, both Global and Regional
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 10+ years of work experience preferably in the agency / beauty / fashion / photo industry, with 4+ years of that experience at an Art Director level.
- BFA or BA degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Advertising or a related field).
- Ability to manage at least 2 direct reports and multiple freelancers
- Must have ability to lead and mentor: highly organized, passionate, strategic-thinker, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills
- Must be hands-on and able to equally delegate and/or execute projects independently
- Willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines
- Must have fashion, photography, beauty, design experience
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, packaging, digital
- Encyclopedic understanding of social media platforms and products
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with ability to produce highly conceptual work
- Strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc — with an understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige
- Must have strong understanding of photo process: from concept through to final retouching
- Strong knowledge of animation a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment