sr. Financial Analyst - Transportation Finance
Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Fort Mill
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: This role will support the Outbound Manager in Transportation Finance. Responsibilities include providing support for the annual budget/5YP, forecasting and month-close activities, development of monthly variance analysis and various ad hoc projects to support the operations team. Individual will be heavy user of Excel spreadsheets, along with utilizing Hyperion and other PC database software for analysis purposes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % OF TIME
- Provide financial support through development of financial models, preparation of financial reports, analyzing cost trends and creating variance explanations vs budgeted / forecasted performance targets demonstrating understanding of key business drivers. 25%
- Responsible for supporting creation of the annual budget and five-year strategic plan for Transportation. Coordinate with the leadership team to develop financial projections and present risks and opportunities based on financial data. 20%
- Prepare weekly/monthly forecasts of Outbound Transportation expenses through research and analysis of cost drivers and present financial information in a comprehensible manner. Assist teams with financial guidance as necessary. 20%
- Support the month end close process including preparation of monthly accruals and development of variance explanations. 15%
- Drive improvements within the department with emphasis on utilizing Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), TMS and Excel spreadsheets. 10%
- Produce analysis for ad hoc requests. Other duties as assigned. 10%COMPETENCIES:
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Analysis and Judgment
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Integrity and TrustQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4-6 years of experience with budget and forecasting experience required.
- BS/BA in accounting or finance required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Understand advanced Excel functions including: Pivot Tables, Lookups, Index/Match, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to adapt and effectively deal with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member on projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior leadership.
- Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.Job frequently requires sitting, primarily working on a computer and handling objects with hands.Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneDISCLAIMER:This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.